Life is too short just to think about the most beautiful places and destinations you would like to visit. To travel is like to breathe, to eat, to drink… it is not a habit it is a natural thing for humans.
Well, I feel pretty much like a human, besides I look like one! Ok, I love to travel, but I was thinking about my top 10 places that I would like to see before I die, or if you gave me a limited time on Earth, this would be my choice. I reserve the right to change my mind if I discover something better!
TOP 10 WORLD WONDERS BY POSVUDUSHA
1. PETRA, Jordan – If you haven`t heard about this magnificent red (and forgotten) city in Jordan then you should check my travel blog about Jordan to just see the pictures if you can`t translate the text (I hope it will also be in English one day!). I have already been there, but would like to go again.
Photo credit: Sandra Bortek
2. VICTORIA FALLS, Zambia-Zimbabwe – This one of my favorite natural wonders that I would like to experience. It is believed that the first European to view the Falls was David Livingstone who gave the falls the name Victoria. Indigenous name of the falls is Mosi-oa-Tunya — literally meaning the Cloud that Thunders. The falls form the largest sheet of falling water in the world. Look at the picture, isn`t this wonderful?
Photo credit: i-pinz/ flickr
3. MACHU PICCHU, Peru – This is the famous South America’s archeological site. It is a City of Inca, situated in the mountains of Cusco region 2,430 m above the sea level. Although I want to see the city, I look forward to go for 3-4 day trekking and waking up just over the City.
Photo credit: mckaysavage/ flickr
4. MT KILIMANJARO, Tanzania – Well, to someone this would be a regular hike, but seeing the Kilimanjaro from the distance with his white cap on (snow in Africa!) it looks so appealing to me. I can see myself on the top of Africa. Scientists say that the snow cap is getting smaller due to the global warming, it seems that I should hurry with my plans.
Photo credit: Gary Craig/ flickr
5. GREAT WALL OF CHINA, China – This is incredible human work built along an east-to-west line across the historical northern borders of China. Seeing pictures, it must be great to walk the wall, to imagine the people who build it and the strength of the (past, present and future) Chinese Empire.
Photo credit: Pedronet/ flickr
6. GALAPAGOS ISLAND, Ecuador – these 13 islands make a living laboratory of evolution and a place where the animals have no fear of man. I can imagine how Charles Darwin was surprised seeing unique species.
Photo credit: David Cook Wildlife Photography
7. GRAND CANYON, USA – This is my number one thing that I would like to see in USA. There are couple more things but G.C., a gorge of Colorado River, makes me wanna scream: I wanna see that!
Photo credit: Pedronet/ flickr
8. NAMIBIAN DESERT – It is something that I find appealing in the desert sand and enjoying a view from the dunes, I know only from pictures how the biggest dune looks like, a how magical Namibian desert is. Hot for sure!
Photo credit: Dietmar Temps, Cologne/ flickr
9. MT EVEREST BASE CAMP, Nepal – I don`t feel like climbing Himalaya`s top, although I would like to see Mt Everest, my wish is to go trekking just to the base camp (just 5,380 m!). I`ll better start training if I want to climb that high!
Photo credit: Tom2008Tom/ flickr
10. RONDA, ANDALUSIA, Spain – I was making itinerary for trip to Andalusia (still waiting to go) when I found this beautiful town situated in the mountainous area. The Guadalevín River runs through the city, dividing it in two and carving out the steep, 100 plus meters deep El Tajo canyon upon which the city perches. Ronda has a great bullfighting tradition and it`s known as a home of a bullfighting (first bullring was built in Ronda in the late 18th century).
Photo credit: Jesse Varner/ flickr